Who I am
My name is Hadyn Tumaob and I am the Owner of this Website: https://www.hadyntumaob.com. I take your privacy as the User seriously.
What personal data I collect and why I collect it
When the User leaves a comment on the Website the Owner collects the data shown in the comments form, and also the User’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Data Used: To initiate and process subscriptions, the following information is used: User’s email address and the ID of the post or comment (depending on the specific subscription being processed). In the event of a new subscription being initiated, JetPack also collects some basic server data, including all of the subscribing User’s HTTP request headers, the IP address from which the subscribing User is viewing the page, and the URI which was given in order to access the page (
DOCUMENT_URI). This server data used for the exclusive purpose of monitoring and preventing abuse and spam.
Activity Tracked: Functionality cookies are set for a duration of 347 days to remember a User’s blog and post subscription choices if, in fact, they have an active subscription.
If the User uploads images to the website, the User should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Users of the Website can download and extract any location data from images on the Website.
Contact forms (JetPack)
The actual submission data is stored in the database of the Website on which it was submitted and is emailed directly to the Owner of the form (i.e. the Website Owner who published the page on which the contact form resides). This email will include the User’s IP address, timestamp, name, email address, website and message.
If the User leaves a comment on the Website the User may opt-in to saving their name, email address and website in cookies. These are for the User’s convenience so that they do not have to fill in their details again when they leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If the User has an account and they log in to this Website, the Owner will set a temporary cookie to determine if the User’s browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when the User closes their browser.
When the User logs in, the Owner will also set up several cookies to save the User’s login information and the User’s screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If the User selects “Remember Me”, their login will persist for two weeks. If the User logs out of their account, the login cookies will be removed.
If the User edits or publishes an article, an additional cookie will be saved in their browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article the User just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this Website may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the User has visited the other website.
Google Analytics (Google Inc.)
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of this Website, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
Google may use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
WordPress.com Stats (JetPack)
Data Used: IP address, WordPress.com user ID (if logged in), WordPress.com username (if logged in), user agent, visiting URL, referring URL, timestamp of event, browser language, country code. Important: The Website Owner does not have access to any of this information via this feature. For example, a site owner can see that a specific post has 285 views, but he/she cannot see which specific users/accounts viewed that post. Stats logs — containing visitor IP addresses and WordPress.com usernames (if available) — are retained by Automattic for 28 days and are used for the sole purpose of powering this feature.
Who the Owner shares User data with
Cloudflare (Cloudflare Inc.)
Cloudflare is a traffic optimization and distribution service provided by Cloudflare Inc.
The way Cloudflare is integrated means that it filters all the traffic through this Application, i.e., communication between this Website and the User’s browser, while also allowing analytical data from this Website to be collected.
How long the Owner retains User data
If the User leaves a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so the Website can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For a User registered on the Website (if any), the Owner also stores the personal information the User provides in their User profile. All Users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights Users have over their data
If a User has an account on this site, or have left comments, they can request to receive an exported file of the personal data the Owner holds about them, including any data the User has provided to the Owner. The User can also request that the Owner erases any personal data held about the User. This does not include any data the Owner is obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where the Owner sends User data
Data Used: In order to check login activity and potentially block fraudulent attempts, the following information is used: attempting User’s IP address, attempting User’s email address/username (i.e. according to the value they were attempting to use during the login process), and all IP-related HTTP headers attached to the attempting User.
Activity Tracked: Failed login attempts (these include IP address and user agent). JetPack also set a cookie (
jpp_math_pass) for 1 day to remember if/when a User has successfully completed a math captcha to prove that they’re a real human. Learn more about this cookie.
Data Synced (?): Failed login attempts, which contain the User’s IP address, attempted username or email address, and user agent information.
The rights of Users
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner.
In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User’s consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
Privacy contact information
For any privacy-specific concerns please contact [email protected]
Last updated 14 November 2019